The house was a complete tip and I am very neat and tidy. I had been remiss in some of my daily chores and household duties purely because i felt so depressed and down that i had just spent evenings and weekends sleeping and wallowing in my own self pity. We have a small house and with two of us and a cat living in it we have to keep it pretty organized. I have quite a large walk in closet that several years ago when i was studying i turned into an office. However, since my beautiful man moved in it has been used as a dumping ground for old clothes and any old bit of junk that we dont want to deal with and it was time to clear it out as i want to use it during my time off to write and do some arts and crafts. So we got up nice and early and I tackled the office and my other half tackled the front hall closet where we keep our clothes.
It took a while but we finally got stuff sorted and I felt a great relief wash over me as I had been anxious (surprise surprise) about it for a while. we also cleaned the house top to bottom and it looks amazing.I am pondering today though that trying to constantly stay on top of this and having a to do list that plays on my anxiety and guilt is definitely something i hope to alleviate with the help of my therapist.
My tidy new office
I guess i felt like a fresh start with the house and organization would help me get into my new routine, my other half pondered as well that i am still in the Mon-Fri 9-5 mentality and that will take some time to get used to my new free time.
I am really excited to go to Aqua Aerobics tomorrow. I went one time with my Mum when she was visiting and i had such a great time. I'm glad I am able to go during the day now.
I have also been thinking a lot about my diet, my body really does treat me how i treat it back and my eating habits of late have been terrible, and it shows. I have decided to make healthy choices on my sabbatical journey as I know that lots of whole grains, and oils can only make me feel better. I also love to cook and now i have to time to prepare my meals at home all the time.
So tommorow I plan on making a great Jamie Oliver recipe of Tandoori Salmon that's packed full of omega oils from the fish and super foods from the Indian Spices. I am going to join this with a beautiful mango and cabbage and walnut salad. I have tonight marinaded the salmon so it will be infused and amazing tomorrow.
My salmon marinading in some curry paste
I had some administration stuff to do today like applying for EI insurance to pay me and the horrid job of emailing my boss to say that I was off sick for two months. I'm pretty anxious because I cannot see them being very happy. but we will see. I might be pleasantly suprised.


Seems like you're off to a great start and all set for an om nom nom tomorrow!
ReplyDelete